At a glance:
- Who? SSC provides excellent quality private lessons to students age 5 through adult. Suzuki lessons can begin as young as 3.
- What? SSC offers private lessons on a large selection of musical instruments in a variety of musical styles; classical, rock and pop, jazz and folk.
- When? You can begin your music lessons at any point during the 34 week academic year or during the 8 week flexible summer session.
- Where? Lessons are offered Monday through Saturday at our Hingham Campus and Monday through Friday at our Duxbury Campus.
- How? To get started, please fill out the online Student Profile Form. This gives our placement team all the information we need to begin a personalized placement process. Upon receipt, a member of our placement team will reach out to you. Alternatively email or call Jessica Wilcox in Hingham at 781 749 7565 x37 or Nancy Meredith in Duxbury at 781 934 2731 x11. All new incoming students take a trial lesson to assess student/teacher fit before making a further commitment.
Why choose SSC?
- Dedicated and talented Faculty: Our 70 private lesson faculty exemplify SSC’s core values of excellence, initiative and respect. Collectively they believe that music study helps create wholehearted global citizens by contributing to their social, emotional and character development. By studying an instrument or voice at SSC students:
Learn the technical, musical and theoretical fundamentals
Experience the joy of making music solo as well as with others
Find their unique voice
Boost confidence and self-esteem
Develop essential life skills such as self-discipline, commitment, critical and emotional thinking, time-management and patience
- Customer Service: The ongoing support of our placement and registration team during the year
- Performance opportunities: Monthly recitals, weekly performance workshops, masterclasses, adult workshops and recitals, open mics, Suzuki play-ins and departmental events and competitions and much more is included in the tuition. Also, SSC students can attend most SSC professional concerts for free.
- SSC’s education continuum offers a full range of programs to promote a well-rounded musical education from ages 0- adult. Private lesson students receive a discount on chamber groups, large ensembles and group classes.
- The SSC community is a large family of 3700 students from 32 south shore towns, as well as 120 faculty and staff. Together we are the largest community school for the arts in Massachusetts.
- Tuition Assistance: SSC is committed to increasing access to our programs by allocating over $120,000 every year for tuition assistance. Click here for more information.
Pricing for 2017-2018
|17 weeks||34 weeks|
|Monday lessons only||Fall Semester
Payment plans are available.