First Lesson Free promotion
SSC has been providing the highest quality music lessons to children and adults of all ages and levels for 47 years. We are so confident that you will love our faculty and all the value added opportunities that are part of the SSC experience, such as recitals, workshops and open mics, that we are giving you your first lesson free. If you are new to SSC’s private lesson program (or an existing family who wants to add a new instrument/sibling) and book a 30 minute private lesson between now and February 28th, that lesson will be free! Our placement team will work to match your musical goals, experience and learning style to the faculty member that will guide you in your musical journey. Getting started is simple, fill out SSC’s Private Lesson Inquiry form and a member of the placement team will contact you as soon as possible to schedule the free lesson. The goal will be to find the right teacher on the right day and time so that you can simply continue lessons the following week.
Contingent upon availability, lessons are available in all instruments, including those offered through SSC’s Suzuki program, and voice.
If you would prefer to speak to a member of the placement team, call Jess (Hingham campus) at 781 749 7565 x 37 or Nancy (Duxbury campus) at 781 934 2731 x 11.
We are looking forward to welcoming you to our 1000 member SSC private lesson family!
At a glance:
- Who? SSC provides excellent quality private lessons to students age 5 through adult. Suzuki lessons can begin as young as 3.
- What? SSC offers private lessons on a large selection of musical instruments in a variety of musical styles; classical, rock and pop, jazz and folk.
- When? You can begin your music lessons at any point during the 34 week academic year or during the 8 week flexible summer session.
- Where? Lessons are offered Monday through Saturday at our Hingham Campus and Monday through Friday at our Duxbury Campus.
- How? To get started, please fill out the Private Lesson Inquiry Form. This gives our placement team all the information we need to begin a personalized placement process. Because finding the right teacher for you or your child is paramount, a key component of the placement process is a trial lesson. This gives you an opportunity to meet the faculty member and ascertain whether their teaching style and personality are a good match for you or your child's learning style and personality. Upon receipt of your form, a member of our placement team will reach out to you. Alternatively email or call Jessica Wilcox in Hingham at 781 749 7565 x37 or Nancy Meredith in Duxbury at 781 934 2731 x11.
Why choose SSC?
- Dedicated and talented Faculty: Our 70 private lesson faculty exemplify SSC’s core values of excellence, initiative and respect. Collectively they believe that music study helps create wholehearted global citizens by contributing to their social, emotional and character development. By studying an instrument or voice at SSC students:
Learn the technical, musical and theoretical fundamentals
Experience the joy of making music solo as well as with others
Find their unique voice
Boost confidence and self-esteem
Develop essential life skills such as self-discipline, commitment, critical and emotional thinking, time-management and patience
- Customer Service: The ongoing support of our placement and registration team during the year
- Performance opportunities: Monthly recitals, weekly performance workshops, masterclasses, adult workshops and recitals, open mics, Suzuki play-ins and departmental events and competitions and much more is included in the tuition. Also, SSC students can attend most SSC professional concerts for free.
- SSC’s education continuum offers a full range of programs to promote a well-rounded musical education from ages 0- adult. Private lesson students receive a discount on chamber groups, large ensembles and group classes.
- The SSC community is a large family of 3700 students from 32 south shore towns, as well as 120 faculty and staff. Together we are the largest community school for the arts in Massachusetts.
- Tuition Assistance: SSC is committed to increasing access to our programs by building and sustaining a tuition assistance program to meet the needs of the community. Click here for more information.
Pricing for 2017-2018
|17 weeks||34 weeks|
|Monday lessons only||Fall Semester
Payment plans are available.